MENUS POUR DIABÃ©TIQUE RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Angela Louise Miller
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|3 cups diced peeled potatoes|
|4 slices bacon|
|1 small onion, diced|
|¼ cup white vinegar|
|2 tablespoons water|
|1 ½ tablespoons white sugar, or more to taste|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley|
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add water to cover by at least 1 to 2 inches; bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry until browned and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and crumble when cool enough to handle. Leave bacon grease in the skillet.
- Cook onion in the bacon grease over medium heat until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add vinegar, sugar, water, salt, and pepper to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add potatoes, and 1/2 of the crumbled bacon. Cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer warm potato salad to a serving dish and sprinkle remaining bacon over top. Serve immediately.
Calories 182.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32.2 g, CholesterolContent 9.9 mg, FatContent 3.9 g, FiberContent 2.2 g, ProteinContent 5.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.3 g, SodiumContent 796 mg, SugarContent 11 g